They are direct descendant Read more [...]
- PASTEURISED MILK FROM COWS
- PASTEURISED MILK FROM OWN BRITISH TOGGENBURG GOATS
- VEGETARIAN RENNET
Thanks to the work and dedication of this couple, Lewis now has artisan cheese. Along with their home grown vegetables, preserves and free range eggs, this croft has a range of produce and of course goats for cheese production in their micro dairy.
- Crowdie, Pasteurised Cow’s milk
- White Raven (Fitheach Geal), Goat’s milk hard cheese, waxed and matured for a minimum of 4 months before it is sold. It is a creamy textured, flavoursome cheese with medium strength and a delicious after-taste.
- Brìgh nan Eilean (Essence of the Isles), a Brie type cheese, Pasteurised Goat’s milk
- Vatisker, Pasteurised Goats’ milk
They are happy to sell their cheeses direct from the dairy, but are not a shop so please ring in advance to check. They have an online shop on their website so click on link and their cheeses are widely available throughout the Islands.
They also have Ravenstar B&B – see places-to-eat section for further information.