AVAILABLE VIA AYRSHIRE FOO Read more [...]
- PASTEURISED MILK FROM OWN AYRSHIRE COWS
- OWN GOATS’ MILK CHEESES TOO
- VEGETARIAN RENNET
- ON FARM RETAIL & CAFE
- PGI STATUS
- SLOW FOOD ARK OF TASTE FOR DUNLOP, FARMHOUSE & CROWDIE CHEESES
- CONTACT DIRECT TO ARRANGE DELIVERIES & COLLECTIONS + SHOP OPEN FOR SALES TOO
Dunlop Dairy is a Traditional Ayrshire Dunlop cheesemaker based near Stewarton Ayrshire, with a range of farmhouse cheese you can taste and buy in their Cheese Shop and Tearoom. The Dunlop cheese has PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) status.
Ann has a lovely shop and café with not only her artisan cheese on sale but also gifts and a great range of home bakes in her tearoom.
- Traditional Ayrshire Dunlop – native cheese to area hence the name Dunlop. It is like cheddar but moister – made with Ayrshire cows milk. Depending how long it is matured, it comes in mild, mature and smoked….
- Bonnet – hard goats’ milk cheese matured for several months.
Soft cheeses …
- Aiket – Camembert style soft cows’ milk cheese covered with a bloomy white rind.
- Glazert – Bloomy white mould ripened soft goats’ milk cheese.
- Clerkland Crowdie – A soft fresh cows’ milk cheese. Fresh as in not ripened so it is ready to eat as soon as it is made. This is an excellent example of traditional farmhouse crowdie and the only one in Scotland made with Ayrshire cows. They also do this cheese from goats milk but it doesn’t have a name so is sold as goat curd.
- Paddy’s Milestone & Ailsa Craig – These are made from cows’ milk and goats’ milk respectively. They are named after the famous rock in the Firth of Clyde because they resemble the shape of Ailsa Craig.
- Some cheeses may be unpasteurised so please check range at time of purchase
Ann’s Traditional Scottish Crowdie & Dunlop are on Slow Food’s Ark of Taste.