CHEESEMAKER UNPASTEURISED Read more [...]
- PASTEURISED MILK FROM THEIR OWN SWISS BROWN DAIRY COWS
- TRADITIONAL & VEGETARIAN RENNET & SMOKED
- ORGANIC CERTIFICATION
- LOCAL DELIVERIES TO DUMFRIES & AROUND – GET IN TOUCH FOR DETAILS. ALSO EDINBURGH HUB FOR ORDERS TOO.
- NO ON FARMS SALES CURRENTLY.
- GET IN TOUCH IF YOU WISH TO COLLABORATE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
This wonderful mozzarella, in three variations, is a very popular addition to artisan cheesemaking in Scotland. Gavin & Jane’s son tends to the herd of award-winning pedigree Swiss Brown Dairy Cows, producing high quality milk for their artisan mozzarella. Also pasteurised unhomogenised milk available – milk as it should be!
The family has been involved in dairy farming here for nearly a century and the cows, all known by name, are ‘the real stars of the Kedar show.’ These cattle were bred to live in the mountains and valleys of Switzerland so I am sure they equally enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Dumfriesshire!
Their cheese melts with ease and is a great ingredient in dishes with a subtle flavour and silky texture. Whether torn or sliced it is a great addition to any meal.
Stockists… Farmers’ Markets, Edinburgh & Kirkcudbright; Kilnford Farm Shop, Dumfries; Loch Arthur Farm Shop, Beeswing nr Dumfries; Craigie’s Farm Shop, South Queensferry; Locavore, Glasgow; The Dumfries Larder, High Street, Dumfries & Blair Drummond Smiddy.
photos © Kedar Cheese Co…plus a couple of wendy’s