Home of Benromach Speyside Read more [...]
- PASTEURISED MILK FROM OWN HOLSTEIN FRIESIAN, NORWEGIAN REDS, JERSEY & JERSEY CROSS COWS
- VEGETARIAN RENNET
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC BY SOPA
- CHEESE PANTRY SHOP & CAFE
- ONLINE CHEESE SHOP
Home of the Cheese Pantry and Café at Connage where they make a range of fine cheeses on their family farm. You can visit their beautiful shop and relax with home baking in their lovely cafe. More details on their cheeses in the Scottish Cheese Trail section.
The Highlands & Islands Food & Drink Forum’s Ambassador of the Year 2015. Multi award winning cheeses handcrafted from organic milk produced on the family farm by Ardersier. In 2013 it was named one of top ten cheeses in Britain.
There are events throughout the season so check their website for details………also seen on Hairy Bikers Programme! Supplier to the 2012 Olympic Games Competitors Village and Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014.
A family business in the true sense of the word, Connage is owned by brothers Callum and Cameron and their wives Jill and Eileen. Callum and Jill manage the cheese side of the business using years of experience to produce their fully traceable multi award winning cheeses. Cameron and Eileen undertake the majority of the work on the farm themselves, from breeding and managing the dairy herd to milking them. The cows graze the luscious clover pastures by the dairy and along the shores of the Moray Firth.
Connage soft and hard cheeses include:
- Clava Brie (Gold at International Cheese Awards 2018, Soft/semi soft category) Smoked Clava and Highland Heart
- Crowdie, soft cheese
- Connage Dunlop, Scottish hard cheese,(Silver at International Cheese Awards 2018, Territorial category & Bronze in Organic category) Smoked Dunlop and Dunlop with Benromach Whisky
- Cromal, crumbly traditional farmhouse
- Connage Gouda and Yoghurt
- Bradan is Gruth – Hebridean Smokehouse Peat smoked salmon with Connage Crowdie