Kathy Biss NDD is internationally renowned for her cheese and cheesemaking courses. Many of Scotland’s current cheesemakers learnt their craft from Kathy and she is regularly invited to share her skills with potential and experienced cheesemakers across North America and Europe. Kathy co-presents the 1-Day Cheese Champion Course at Scottish Food Studio with Wendy Barrie. We can also run this course for groups at your venue. I have seen Kathy’s well-thumbed book ‘Practical Cheesemaking’ on many a cheesemaker’s bookshelf on our visits to Scandinavia!
- AUTHOR OF ‘PRACTICAL CHEESEMAKING’
- CONSULTANT IN CHEESEMAKING
- CO-PRESENTER ON CHEESE CHAMPION COURSE @ SCOTTISH FOOD STUDIO, FIFE – see link above to book
- HIGHLY ACCLAIMED TRAINER & EXPERT IN CHEESE, YOGHURT, BUTTER & ICE CREAM MAKING
- CONSULTANCY ON SITE & SPECIALIST SPEAKER
Kathy and David established West Highland Dairy in 1987 where training and cheesemaking took place for over 30 years. Kathy’s extensive range of award-winning cheeses included Craig Mhaol, Coulommier, Crowdie and Blue – along with world class crème fraiche, ice cream and yoghurt. The dairy shop is now closed (Sept 2018) however the Consultancy service is as sought after as ever and bespoke courses can be arranged.