Currently no courses on offer but watch this space. In the meantime Andrew shares his expertise in his books Bread Matters & Do Sourdough. Consultancy also available.
Andrew campaigns with thoughtfulness and commitment for better quality in our daily bread and an end to the adulteration of the staff of life. Having heard him in action he is The Bread and Grains expert and is highly knowledgeable and sought after across the globe as a leading authority on grains.
- Author of Bread Matters & Do Sourdough.
- Expertise, consultancy and advice to bakers and bakeries.
- Co-Founder of the UK’s Real Bread Campaign.
- Recognised world authority on all matters pertaining to Real Bread.
- Co-Founder of Scottish Bread Championships along with Scottish Food Guide.
- Speaker, Lecturer and Educationalist on Bread Matters.
- Co-Founder of Scotland The Bread, bringing back Heritage Grains to Scotland (see separate entries on Scottish Food Guide).
Scotland The Bread is one of the innovative enlightened agriculture projects in a pilot programme supported by Funding Enlightened Agriculture. It aims to engage the creative energies of people throughout the food chain in participatory research and collective action to produce better home-grown flour and bread. See website for more details. Andrew leads this work of transforming the way we grow, mill and make our grain, flour and bread through Scotland The Bread.
Studying Food Policy and increasingly concerned over the state of British bread, along with Veronica Burke, Andrew co-founded Breadshare Community-supported Bakery and continued their campaigning, founding Scotland The Bread. Veronica is sadly missed but continues to inspire us all.
Dec 2017 Scottish heritage grains went on sale for the first time in Scotland for more than a century thanks to their work, and now on Slow Food Ark of Taste.