With family in Kreuzberg we have great fun together checking out trends and markets in this foodie hotspot. A favourite pastime is finding one of the many hipster cafés offering brunch so I call this dish my Berlin Brunch. Simply a pancake batter, oven baked until golden, topped with blueberries and whipped cream.
- Measure flour into bowl and add remaining ingredients keeping back half the milk. Mix with a balloon whisk until smooth then whisk in remaining milk. It should be a smooth quite runny batter.
- Place in lined individual ovenproof dishes - a circle of baking parchment to line the dish allows the pancake combo to slip easily onto a plate.
- Scatter with berries – whatever you have.
- Bake for 15-20minutes in a very hot preheated oven 220C.
- Remove pancake dishes from oven when well risen and set. You can add some extra jam at this point if you wish. Allow to cool a little before topping with whipped cream and serve immediately.
Serves 2 but can be stretched to 3
recipe, photo & styling: wendy barrie