- A drizzle of Summer Harvest Rapeseed oil
- A selection of vegetables: onion carrot, mangetout, runner beans, mushrooms
- 8 beaten free range eggs
- 3 tbsps cream
- A selection of herbs: chives/parsley/chervil – nothing too woody
- Freshly milled black pepper & a crunch of Isle of Skye Sea Salt
- 25 g butter
- Prepare vegetables by washing and peeling as appropriate.
- Slice vegetables into slivers – the longer the cooking time, the thinner the cuts e.g. root vegetables such as carrots must be sliced very thinly.
- Heat oil and stir fry vegetables over a medium high heat to cook quickly and retain their colour and texture – a wok is good for this.
- Set veg to one side and keep warm.
- Add another drizzle of rapeseed oil, with the knob of butter to the hot pan and pour in beaten eggs combined with seasoning and cream.
- Move in pan until it starts to set then reduce to a medium heat and allow to cook without further stirring - about 5minutes.
- When fully set and golden underneath slip onto a serving plate, add vegetables and flip over edge of omelette.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates with real bread.
Shop local & seasonal for fresh vegetables for a tastier, environmental and more economical meal.
recipe, photo & styling: wendy barrie