Wild Garlic Pesto
- 150 g young wild garlic leaves washed.
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 50 g pine nuts
- a few squeezes of lemon juice
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 150 ml of either Monterosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Kabbadates Extra Virgin Olive Oil see link below for Demijohn
- Salt & Pepper
- Blend the garlic leaves adding a handful or so at a time in the small bowl of the blender. Add the pine nuts, garlic, parmesan and drizzle the Kabbadates Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Monterosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil in while continuing to blend.
- When a vivid green paste has been made add lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. This made a generous jar and a half so we used some right away and froze the remainder in smaller amounts.
Delicious stirred through winter vegetables for roasting, couscous, bulgar wheat, pasta, puy lentils, or on bruschetta.
Demijohn The Liquid Deli https://scottishfoodguide.com/places/united-kingdom/dumfries-and-galloway/castle-douglas/producers/demijohn-3/
Another fab recipe from Angus here for his Taramasalata https://www.demijohn.co.uk/blog/taramasalata-recipe?ct=t%28easter%235%29