- 100 g butter
- 100 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- For topping: 250mls double cream, 2tblsps lemon curd, icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat oven 180°C. Line a bun tray with cake cases.
- Place all the sponge ingredients in a bowl and beat well with an electric whisk for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spoon into bun tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cakes are set and the tops are springy to touch.
- When baked, place on a wire tray to cool. Meanwhile whip cream and fold in lemon curd.
- When cakes are cool, remove tops, divide each top in 2 and set aside.
- Spoon or pipe the lemon cream onto the cut cakes and top with the semi-circles of sponge – like butterflies. Dust with a sift of icing sugar.
Thyme at Errichel make the most fabulous lemon curd you can imagine.