- 100 g wholemeal strong bread flour Rouge d'Ecosse - SF Ark of Taste - link below
- 75 g white strong bread flour
- 50 g Beremeal flour SF Ark of Taste - link below
- 25 g Peasemeal flour SF Ark of Taste - link below
- 1 tsp Isle of Skye Sea Salt SF Ark of Taste - link below
- 7 g sachet easy blend yeast
- 100 g St Andrews Farmhouse Cheese grated - SF Ark of Taste - link below
- A handful of garden chives snipped
- 4 tbsps natural Yester yoghurt
- 15 mls Summer Harvest Rapeseed Oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, retaining some cheese. Make a well in the centre.
- Add yoghurt and oil. Mix to a soft dough, adding a little water if the mixture is too dry.
- Gather the dough together with your hand and knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 and shape into rolls. Place on baking tray in a warm place for 15 minutes or so until well risen. Scatter with remaining cheese.
- Pre heat oven 220 C/Gas 7.
- Bake for approx 8-10 minutes until set and toasted on top, with toasted base too.
Scotland the Bread https://scottishfoodguide.com/places/united-kingdom/fife/saint-monans/producers/scotland-the-bread/
Golspie Mill peasemeal https://scottishfoodguide.com/places/united-kingdom/highland/golspie/producers/golspie-mill/
Isle of Skye Sea Salt https://scottishfoodguide.com/places/united-kingdom/highland/dunvegan/producers/isle-of-skye-sea-salt-2/
St Andrews Farmhouse Cheese https://scottishfoodguide.com/places/united-kingdom/fife/pittenweem/cheesetrail/st-andrews-farmhouse-cheese-co/
Orkney beremeal https://scottishfoodguide.com/places/united-kingdom/orkney/birsay/slowfood/beremeal/