- Prepare chard by removing the stalks and slicing as you would celery.
- Sauté the stalks on a medium heat with the butter and oil, season and stir until softened.
- Roughly shred the leaves, snip the onions and add to the pan.
- Add about 2 cups of water, sufficient to create steam and to cover the chard when cooked.
- When completely cooked, add milk and blend the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add a little more milk to thin as necessary.
- Return to hob to heat through, without boiling, and stir in most of cream.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a swirl of cream and ost bröd croutons.
recipe, photo & styling: wendy barrie