- 2 boneless pork steaks Gloucester Old Spot pictured
- 1 beaten egg
- Skye sea salt and milled pepper
- Summer Harvest Rapeseed Oil
- Lay a double sheet of plastic wrap on a sturdy counter. Lay steaks, evenly spaced, on top and cover with another double layer of film. Pound steaks until very thin – I use the rolling pin. Peel off and discard plastic. I hate advocating any plastic however I do recommend you use it (or a freezer bag or similar) as the aerosol effect of pounding raw meat can contaminate half your kitchen!
- With beaten egg in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another, egg and crumb each steak then place in a frying pan with a generous drizzle of rapeseed oil. Cook for 4 minutes per side until golden, crisp and cooked right through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your steak but ensure there is no pink.
- Delicious served with anchovy, hard-boiled egg, lemon, pickled nasturtiums and roast potatoes. Also pictured with our homegrown Shetland kale crisps (Slow Food Ark of Taste)
To accompany: anchovies, hard-boiled egg, lemon, pickled nasturtiums & roast potatoes.
Heritage pork available from Macbeths and Brand Family Larder
Summer Harvest rapeseed oil