- 4 large potatoes washed, peeled and grated e.g. Skea’s Aran Victory
- 1 small leek/chopped onion cleaned and sliced
- A drizzle of Summer Harvest Rapeseed oil
- a knob of butter
- Freshly milled black pepper
- pinch Isle of Skye salt
- 2 free range eggs - optional
- 6 rashers Ramsay streaky bacon
- Heat butter in frying pan and sauté leeks/onions to soften. Remove from pan.
- Place grated potato in a bowl and mix through cooked buttered leeks and seasoning.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add the mix. Flatten out with a spatula.
- Cook over a medium heat until the potatoes are golden on the underside and gently turn over. [If you are cooking a large one it is easier to slip it onto a plate, turn over using a second plate, then slip back onto pan]. Reduce heat and cook for a further 10minutes on the lower heat. Check potato is cooked through then slip onto warmed plates.
- Serve with grilled crispy bacon and/or a fried egg on top.
I prefer to cook the potatoes in 2 separate frying pans so each portion is a full pancake and they are easy to flip too.
The Potato House/Skea Organics